Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Flower for You!

My friends are the best! I am super lucky to have such an awesome circle of friends…love you girls! 

When one of my friends is sad, I am sad.   So, you know what I do?  I make them something.  Nothing says I am thinking of you better than a homemade gift.  Now, I am NOT trying to toot my own horn, but I think that it is super important to be a great friend.  To have great friends you have to be a great friend!

This week one of my friends was feeling blue, so I decided she needed something to cheer her up!  I saw a super cute felt flower tutorial that I decided to try.  Since my flower turned out so great I decided it would be the perfect little gift to cheer her up.  And you know what?  It worked!

felt flower8

Isn’t that felt flower just the cutest?  Wish I could say that I came up with the design, but I did not.   I found it on Pinterest (where else?).  You can find the easy to follow picture instructions for the felt flower on the fickle pickle blog!  What is great about these flowers is that you can make them any size you want.  All you need is felt and super glue to make the flower…oh, and something round to trace circles on your felt.  Unless you can make perfect circles without tracing.  Whatever…you so cannot!

Now for the middle of your flower.

felt flower2          felt flower3

I really wanted to use fabric buttons but only found a few at JoAnn’s and they were not cheap!  So instead, I purchased a button making kit at Walmart for less than $2.00!  Sweetness (in a high pitched voice)!!!  Luckily I had some really cute fabric scraps at home to use with my new kit.  It is really easy and fun to make. There are directions on the back of the kit.

felt flower4             felt flower5

I love the fact that you can chose whatever fabric you want to make your button!  You will probably notice that the fabric button on my flower to my friend is different than the above picture.  That is because I decided to keep my first flower and make her a more perfected one!

After my flower was complete I broke off a dead branch from my backyard and super glued my flower onto it.  Then I put the branch in a cute little glass vase with some turquoise glass chunks (or whatever they are called?), and tied a bow around the vase!

felt flower7

felt flower10

felt flower9

Would this make you smile? 

My friend has it on her desk and she told me that every time she sees it, she smiles!  What more could I ask for? 

So…I encourage all of you, when one of your friends is down, brighten her day by making her a flower or something else special!  Remember: To have a great friend, you have to be a great friend!

1 comment: